A US firm that specializes in themed entertainment design, including theme park/resort design and location-based entertainment projects such as exhibitions, zoos, aquariums, and building renovations. The client is a medium-large sized company in US territory, vendor of TOP 500.
When there is a US/China deal signed, employees will be dispatched to China, usually the key projects takes a group of 5-10 employees working on-site in different cities and residing in China for 6 to 12. months.
- Speed – Client needed to quickly get employees onboarded, if they plan to set up an entity in China, the time frame did not meet their expectations.
- Cost and Efficiency – Setting up a local entity would have required several months and additional costs. They decided to go with Acadia’s PEO solution for cost efficiency.
- Compliance – Staffing issues such as hiring, termination and payroll calculation can often be problematic, especially when companies are unfamiliar with local regulations.
We Acadia engage those individuals to work as an employee for a legal entity registered in the country of their residence on a fulltime basis. The relationship is governed by a back to back contract between the PEO and the client. Acadia takes care of all employment, HR, administrative and legal matters, so the end-client can enjoy a physical presence in China without the need to set-up a legal entity.
- Acadia employed the client’s first group team within 2 weeks of onboarding.
- Client business launched on time, and on schedule.
- Employees coming over from their prior jobs had no loss of statutory contributions to pensions and a smooth HR transition.
- Client has no desire to utilize their own entity for payroll purposes.